QMSYS Threads and Gauges 5.7
Old versionsSee all
Analyzes the data provided by engineers, metrologists, quality control managers to prevent human error while determining nominal and limit values of thread parameters. Assures quality checking in manufacturing based on the international standards. The source for information is available from the pitch diameter, major diameter, gauge data, part data, helix angles and more.
The software QMSys Threads and Gauges is a powerful thread engineering program designed for engineers, metrologists, quality control managers, and machinist to save time and prevent human errors in determining nominal and limit values of thread parameters. The program is especially useful in the manufacture and control of threaded products and tools by saving time and costs for supplying standards and computations. The results are based on international standards and comprise information about values and tolerances of threaded products, working gauges, plug and ring gauges as well as checking gauges.
QMSys Threads and Gauges provides thread data on pitch diameters, major diameters, gage data, part data, helix angles, product and gage tolerances, crest and root flats, wire sizes, constants, and just about anything on threads one needs to know.
Types of threads
QMSys Threads and Gauges comprises data base and methods of calculating the nominal and limit sizes of the following types of threads:
- Metric Thread M - ISO 68-1, ISO 965-1, ISO 1502, ANSI B1.16M
- Metric MJ Thread - ISO 5855-1, ISO 1502, ANSI B1.16M
- Unified Thread UN, UNR - ANSI B1.1, ANSI B1.2
- Unified Thread UNJ - ANSI B1.15, ANSI B1.2
- Whitworth Thread - BS 84, BS 919-2
- ISO Parallel Pipe Thread G - ISO 228-1, ISO 228-2
- ISO Tap. Pipe Thread R,Rp,Rc - ISO 7-1, EN 10226-1, EN 10226-2, EN 10226-3, ISO 7-2, DIN 2999, BS 21
- ANSI General Pipe Thread NPT, NPSC, NPTR, NPSM, NPSL - ANSI B1.20.1
- ANSI Dryseal Pipe Thread NPTF, PTF-SAE Short, NPSF, NPSI, F-PTF - ANSI B1.20.3, ANSI B1.20.5, Gauges with 1, 3, 4 or 6 steps
- ASME Hose Coupl. Threads NPSH, NH, NHR - ANSI B1.20.7
- NFPA Fire-hose coupling threads NH - NFPA 1963
- ISO Metric Trapez. Thread Tr - ISO 2901, DIN 103-1, DIN 103-9
- ISO Stub Metric Trapez. Thread Tr - DIN 380, DIN 103-9
- ACME Trapezoidal Thread - ANSI B1.5:1997
- ACME STUB Trapezoidal Thread - ANSI B1.8
- Metric miniature thread M - ISO/R 1501, DIN 14, ISO 1502, ANSI B1.16M
- Unified miniature screw thread UNM - ANSI B1.10, ISO 1502, ANSI B1.16M
- Metric Buttress screw thread S - DIN 513, ISO 1502, DIN 103-9
- Knuckle screw thread Rd - DIN 405, DIN 20400, DIN 405-3
- Non-standard and special threads, Gauges acc. to ISO 1502, ANSI/ASME B1.2 or ANSI/ASME B1.16M
- Also thread sizes which are not listed in the standards up to 1000 mm (40 in)
- Automatic corrections for workpiece and gauge coatings, statistic and arithmetic tolerance computation.
- Computation of the limiting values of the outcome from the pitch diameter measurements using spherical or cylindrical probing elements and two- or three point measurements (Three Wire Method) by the method described in the publication "EA–10/10 Guidelines on the Determination of Pitch Diameter of Parallel Thread Gauges by Mechanical Probing".
- Implementation of custom screw threads and gauges.
Advantages of the QMSys Threads and Gauges software
- Computation of thread gauges according to ISO and ANSI/ASME standards.
- Statistic computation of the corrections for surface coatings - in view of the larger diameter tolerances before coating it leads to the lowering of the production costs.
- Computation of indicated values by measuring the pitch diameter with three wires or three balls with consideration of the influence of a measuring force and deformation.
- Information is provided in both inches and millimetres.
- Customers can provide themselves or adapt the templates for reports, specifications and other documents by means of a text processing software.
- Optionally, an automatic generation of designs is offered for screw thread gauges.